Information We Collect
- Limited Information when the website is browsed
When the user visits the site, we collect the log data containing information about the browser and operating systems that are used. It also includes the IP address, internal or external pages referred and the details of previous sites visited . The information is taken even if the user doesn’t have a Discussion forum account. However, we retain this data only for 3 days and use it to diagnose the issues with the site.
- We use your Cookies
It is the responsibility of the user to understand the working of cookies and how it is used.
- Discussion Forums and Link Suggestions
Our partnership with Civilized Discourse Construction Kit, Inc. allows the user to create an account at all of their forums. However, this controls the user data and also allows CDCK to share all of the data associated with the account in the forum. The data would be only to run this forum and for nothing else. The forum when asked to suggest a link certain details like titles, URL and site description would be asked. These are just to assess the suggestions of the user and it is upto the user to remain anonymous with the suggestions. We would not publish any of these suggestions
- Your information will be collected when you sign up to our account
When you subscribe to our account, we would ask for your email address to send the updates. It’s absolutely your choice to enter your name as it is only used to personalise the messages we would send you. The user also has the ability to unsubscribe anytime. The email list services are provided by our partnership with MailChimp. If the user wishes to mail us and send any communications directly, we would retain your address to respond directly.
Our Information Sharing Strategies
It is our policy to not share any of our data with a third party source. However, under the following situations we are liable to do so.
- Upon the reception of a consent
- If the task performance requires a third party
- If it is reasonably necessary with a regulation or a valid legal process.if so, we would try our best to release the notice in advance.
- If we are merged with another company and their primacy policy requires data collection.
The website consists of links to other websites who are not controlled by us. Therefore, we are not responsible for any of their actions and privacy practices pertaining to their document.
The confidentiality to the information collected through our site undergoes reasonably technical, administrative and physical procedures. It is also to be remembered that the internal is not a vult and these data can be lost.
The Indian Government has put limits to the users access to certain information through the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act. Therefore, this website is not suitable for children under 13 years of age and they cannot create and account. Nor would they be able to use the site that asks for submission of personal information.
These privacy policies of the website are liable to be changed according to the requisites of the owner. However, the material changes to the policies will be made available in the homepage.
This site uses a lot of Cookies as online publishing is primarily supported by advertising. Therefore we are all stuck to cookies until there is an alternative. However, we have no problem giving you the details of the cookies we use and the ways to opt out of them if the user requires. Cookies are the most powerful weapons for advertising which is a means of income for the site.
It is a small data file which will be inserted into the user’s hard drive by websites. Their unique id is associated with the brower and the first party cookies will be used for analytics purposes. They tell the activity of the user in the corresponding website. The third party cookies will be used to collect the users information and habits pertaining to multiple websites and advertisements will be directed targeting your interest.
Types of Analytics
1. Google Analytics
2. Social Media Widgets
The social media sharing buttons allow the user to share the data on the social networking sites. They include the facebook recommend button that runs in the site to collect the IP address and sets a cookie to enable the widget to function smoothly.
We have partnered with Freestar to provide third party assistance on advertising. They recognise the cookies on the browser and absorb the information based on the user visits to show advertisements based on that. However, no personal information of the user will be shared with Freestar. We also have other vendors who would directly provide advertisements on the website. The user can easily opt out of the third party vendors cookie usage by visiting Network Advertising Initiative opt-out page and/or http://www.aboutads.info/choices/.
The common kind of sponsorships in the website include
- Sponsored posts, themes or categories and at the top of these the sponsor of the section will be identified.
- A widget or interface feature which can enhance the BB experience for the user.
- Banner Ads or posts of the Advertisers’ website that would promote the contribution will be linked to the site. If there is any sponsorship, the website will specify.
- A series of videos by the market sponsor for over a period of time, that would have embedded ads.
- Advertisement in an editorial format will be marked sponsored.
- There would be guidelines for the banner ads that are accepted. Duration of animated ads are 30seconds and audio must be user initiated only. No pop ups and pop unders.Those ads that break the rules would be removed in our automated system. Violation of this policy of banner ads can be notified by mailing to email@example.com